Official site: http://mpadua.com
Twitter: > @michael_padua
Behance > http://behance.net/mpceativ3
A well organised and efficient individual who has keen interest in design and extensive knowledge of computer application that has been used over the years to gain skills in graphic design and print production. Possesses the proven ability of developing projects from inception through production to formal delivery ensuring that all is work effective completed to a high standard and is delivered within an agreed timescale.
Key Skills and Attributes :
• Experienced in using the following software packages: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,
• HTML/CSS, MAC CS4/CS5 and Corel Draw 12.
• Excellent web front-end graphical skills and good colour sense
• Ability to work independently or as a part of a team
• Ability to meet deadlines and finish tasks to a high standard
• Able to work within the creative logo and design brand guidelines
Jan 2013 - Present - National Express West Midlands Birmingham, UK - Freelance Graphic Designer
• Assist workload for designing internal communication for print material such as newsletters and other documents.
• Preparing artwork external for marketing campaign print poster, coving, leaflet and other print materials.
Aug 2012 - Dec 2012 - IDRAWWITHLIGHT LTD- Birmingham, UK - Creative Graphic Designer
Creative and Branding Communications Agency
• To work as a member of a team producing high quality creative graphic design material for web and print including but not exclusive to: logo and brand design, posters/flyers, banners, photographic retouching, online user interfaces and experiences, business stationary and product packaging design for clients as well as for the business.
2012 - 2012 - VOLUNTEER UGANDA LTD - Birmingham, UK - Freelance Designer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism
• Re-design a new logo
• Re-produced outstanding visual design website - user interface graphic layouts.
• Produce various print design work.
2012 - 2012 - THA-ONE.com – London, UK – Design Interns & Freelance Designer
• Assisting in the creation, development and implementation of graphic design for Tha-One.com online website.
• Assisting in the creation, development and implementation of graphic design for Tha-One.Clubs service clients in the design of leaflets for events.
2012 – 2012 TRENDiPEOPLE – Birmingham, UK – Freelance Designer
Online fashion trends
• Created user interface web layout features.
• Re-designed TRENDiPEOPLE website.
• Creating, developing and implementing of web page design.
2012 – 2012 BEHIRING – Faraday Wharf, Aston Science Park – Design Intern
• Implemented webpage layout using html/css.
• Designed corporate brand identity.
• Assisting in the creation, development and implementation of graphic and web
2012 – 2012 KEANE BRANDS – Birmingham, UK - Freelance Designer
Multi Brand & Design Agency; Retail industry
• Assisted to convert the Indesign concepts into Photoshop document (PSD) layout.
2011- 2011 GLOCAL RESIDENTIAL – Birmingham, UK – Freelance Designer
• Produced a number of print designs like flyer, leaflet and promotional print material.
• Re-design the logo company.
• Designed QR codes for their website.
2011 – 2011 THE PHOENIX GROUP – Wythall, Birmingham, UK – Design Intern
Public Company; PRLG; Financial Services industry
• Created internal literature on posters, flyers and templates.
• Designed a pyramid of risk strategy as a striking graphic imagery.
• Created events poster for their company.
2011 - 2011 INDIGO RIVER CREATIVE – Coleshill, Birmingham, UK – Design Intern
Partnership; Marketing and Advertising industry
2 weeks design intern:
• Created print magazine adverts for Ultimate Sports Nutrition (USN).
• Created new corporate identities for locally established businesses.
• Designed a web page with refreshing approach to new ideas.
• Worked with USN as I mentioned above to create eye-catching artwork for their events.
The artwork produced was then printed on full size banners held in Germany.
Education and Training:
Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School, Small Heath
Achieved 7 GCSEs including Graphic Design DTP and Science.
Josiah Mason College, Erdington
• BTEC National Diploma Graphic Design
• GNVQ Intermediate Media Production
• Key Skills English Level 2
• Key Skills Mathematics Level 2
Solihull College Blossomfield Campus
• Access to Higher Education Graphic Design Level 3
• BTEC Higher National Diploma Graphic Design Level 5
Hobbies and Interests:
Apart from the usual socialising, gaming and designing. I enjoy playing football, basketball, snooker and would love to learn to hang glide or sky dive. I have entered a fun run for charity to raise funds for worthy causes. Travel is another passion I have.
I also have entered a competition for DS Smith Packaging (Design Bursary 2011) and achieved two awards for Best Innovation and Highly Commended. The judges have said they are going to create a prototype and introduce my packaging ideas to large companies like Lucozade.
References available upon request.
Branding Design for Print Logo Design Packaging Advertising Editorial Typography
Photoshop Illustrator Indesign - (Intermediate) Dreamweaver After Effects - (Beginner)